The 2019/20 AIC Swimming season will commence in Term 4 of 2019. Those wishing to make the St Edmund’s College swim team are expected to participate in swim team related activities regularly. AIC Championship selection will be based around commitment to training, attitude and performance.
1. Commitment to Training
Students are required to attend two (2) sessions each week from Week 2 of Term 1 2020. These sessions are;
- Monday Morning
- Wednesday Morning (15 Years, 16 Years and Opens)
- Thursday Morning (12 Years, 13 Years and 14 Years)
In addition to this, students are highly encouraged to attend additional sessions offered throughout Term 4 (2019).
Utilisation of the times recorded at the Friday night Invitation Carnivals and Inter-House Swimming Carnival. A time will need to be recorded on a Friday night Invitational Carnival for consideration.
By not only attending training and competition, students need to demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude to being part of the team.
Students that complete their own formal training with another provider;
- Although there may be students who swim in programs outside of the College they will need to attend the Monday and Wednesday (15 Years, 16 Years and Opens) or Thursday (12 Years, 13 Years and 14 Years) morning session from Week 2 Term 1 2020.
- Attendance at these sessions helps build rapport with others and spirit in team environment.
- It is up to the individual to communicate to the St Edmund’s College Head Coach around what their commitments with their outside Coach are.
Team selections will always be made in the best interest of the College
Western District / Metropolitan West Swimming
- Students who wish to trial for Western District and Metropolitan West Swimming need to be consistently training from the beginning of Term 4 (the start of the Swimming season).